Working with Orange Frazer Press
How we quote custom book publishing services
We quote our services on a project-by-project basis. All quotes incorporate fixed costs in design and editing, as well as variable costs related to printing, binding, and shipping.
Because of our time investment in each project we take on, we cannot quote projects under $5,000.
Depending on the breadth of a project, the book's design and printing needs, and even, potentially, unique retail and marketing needs following publication, our clients spend between $5,000 and $200,000 with us.
how we quote your project
We build a quote for your book project based on your answers to the following five questions:
1. Would you like your book to be a hard cover (clothbound) book or softcover (paperback)? Hard cover will be somewhat more expensive than paperback.
2. Is your book color or black and white? Do you have color photos or images? Color is also more expensive.
3. What are the dimensions? Standard sizes are 6x9, 7x10, 8.5x11, and 9x12. We can do other sizes as well but these are the most economical. Please specify whether you would like your book to be horizontal or vertical. Note that unusual sizes such as a square book will be a bit more costly.
4. What is the page count?
5. How many copies would you like printed? It will cost you more to print more but the cost per unit will go down. When considering quantity, you want to think of how many you can sell on your own to people who are not your friends and family. We will quote you for three different quantities, so that you can see any price breaks per unit.
6. Where are you located? Please provide your zip code so that shipping costs can be calculated.
When you reach out to us for a quote, please provide the title of your manuscript and your preferred mailing address.
Contact us for a quote
We are proud of the books that we create for our clients and honored to be entrusted with their histories, legacies, and stories.