Working with Orange Frazer Press
How we quote custom book publishing services
We quote our services on a project-by-project basis. All quotes incorporate fixed costs in design and editing, as well as variable costs related to printing, binding, and shipping.
Additionally, costs vary depending on the breadth of a project and, potentially, unique retail and marketing needs following publication.
how we quote your project
We build a quote for your book project based on your answers to the following six questions:
1. Would you like your book to be a hardcover (clothbound) book or softcover (paperback)? Hardcover will be somewhat more expensive than paperback.
2. Is your book color or black-and-white? Do you have color photos or images? Color is also more expensive.
3. What are the dimensions? Standard sizes are 6x9, 7x10, 8.5x11, and 9x12. We can produce other sizes as well but these are the most economical. Please specify whether you would like your book to be horizontal or vertical orientation. Note that unusual sizes such as a square book will be a bit more costly.
4. What is the page count and/or word count of your manuscript?
5. How many copies would you like printed? It will cost more to print more but the cost per unit will go down as the quantity increases. When considering quantity, you want to think of how many you can sell on your own to people who are not your friends and family. We will quote you for three different quantities so you can see the price breaks per unit.
6. Where are you located? Please provide your zip code so shipping costs can be calculated.
When you reach out to us for a quote, please provide the title of your manuscript and your preferred mailing address.
Contact us for a quote
We are proud of the books that we create for our clients and honored to be entrusted with their histories, legacies, and stories.